Monday, July 27, 2009

Laundry Day

It took me awhile and some instruction from Mary, our landlady, but I finally figured out how to operate the washing machine. It turned out to be pretty easy once she explained that she only uses the "mini" cycle and showed me where to put the soap. Mikayla likes to help put the clothes in the washing machine.


Although we do have a dryer, I have been using the clothes line that was provided with the apartment and drying our clothes in the fresh air and sunshine. It is kind of fun to do things that way, although it does require me to actually iron at least Darren's work clothes once they are dry. The dryer is located in the room where Mikayla sleeps, so Darren's preferred method of getting the wrinkles out of his clothes by throwing them in the dryer isn't possible in the mornings before he leaves.

1 comment:

  1. I've just been taking clothes off the line in the backyard this afternoon! Glad to know we are sharing laundry habits, even continents away ;-).

    ReplyDelete