It has been amazing these last few months to watch Mikayla grow up and see all the things she is learning. In the time that we have been over here in Germany, she has learned how to climb stairs using the handrail and to go down the stairs without having to sit down and scoot down them. She has learned all about castles, towers, tunnels, airplanes, motorcycles, trains, buses, and boats. She does a good job of pointing them out when she sees any of these. She is learning her colors and we get reminded all the time what color of cars we are driving or walking by. Most of the time she is even right. She has been putting short sentences together, and it has been fun to have conversations with her. Her first little sentence was, "He's funny!", referring to Darren when he was making her laugh. And just this morning I was woken up by her counting. When Brenda and Tony were here visiting us, she learned to count to three ("One, Two, Three.... Daddy jump!"), but this morning I heard her count all the way to six while she was laying there in bed. She skipped a few and went all the way to nine after six, but it was cute. I am sure that she has learned many more things during her time here in Germany (she has picked up a few German words), but these are some of the highlights. It makes me excited to see what she will learn next.
August 2026
2 weeks ago
I can't wait to see her!!! It'll be so cute to see "Kayla" and "Siah" communicate to each other actually using words. I love the description of her counting....for some reason Josiah likes starting at 8. :-)
ReplyDelete