Sunday morning after we got back from Montenegro, I got up early and snuck out of the hotel room without waking either Darren or Mikayla up so that I could go pick up my mom and Doreen from the airport. We had booked a hotel room near the Frankfurt airport so that we wouldn't have to do the nearly two hour drive twice, and so that I wouldn't have to get up quite so early to meet them at their 6 am arrival. It was nice to be able to sleep longer, although it still felt really early.
But, they made it, and had a pretty good flight. And we were able to find each other pretty easily, especially considering the size of the Frankfurt am Main airport. We had set up a location through email to meet each other, but I found them before we even got there. I am so glad that they are here! I have been looking forward to being able to show them around where we live and let them see a part of Germany. Neither my mom nor Doreen had been overseas before, so I am glad that I got to be there for their first experience.
We ate a little breakfast in the airport, exchanged some of their money over to euros, and then found our way back to the hotel to pick up Darren and Mikayla. And then we all piled into the car with all of our luggage for the drive back to Embken. It was a pretty tight fit since Darren, Mikayla, and I had our bags from our trip to Montenegro, but we managed to squeeze it all in.
After we got to the apartment and unpacked, we all took a nap while Mikayla was sleeping before we went out for a walk to show Mom and Doreen around Embken a little bit. We took the rest of Sunday and most of the day on Monday to relax and explore our area a bit before heading out a bit further. Here are a few pictures of their first couple of days here.
August 2026
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment